Whether you like chunky, creamy or smooth peanut butter there is no doubt that peanut butter is very versatile and can be used to make various dishes. Protein in peanut butter is in good amounts. You can eat it straight from the jar or pair it with bread or make any sandwich out of it, the options are many. Here is the list of 3 tasty recipes all of which put a peanut butter jar to good use.
1. Curry Coconut Peanut Soup
If you have got a peanut butter you can use it to make a delicious Asian coconut curry soup. The ingredients you need are; 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, 2 tbsp. Madras curry paste, 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, 2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, 1 can of each fire-roasted diced tomatoes and 1 can unsweetened light coconut milk.
2. Preparation Method
- Take a large saucepan, and whisk curry paste and broth. Heat it over the medium heat to boiling.
- Now whisk in peanut butter and coconut milk and simmer it for almost 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes with liquid and chicken and cook it until heated through. Add kosher salt to taste and top it with chopped roasted peanuts and serve it with lime wedges.
Peanut Butter Cookies
People with sweet tooth should try this recipe. This recipe takes only 30 minutes to prepare. To make this recipe you need, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup or each powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, butter, and packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract, 11/2 cup wheat flour, 1/2 tbsp of each baking soda and kosher salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar and peanut butter and mix it until smooth. Scoop into smaller balls and freeze them until ready to use.
- Now take a large bowl then combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars and beat it using a hand mixer on medium until you get a fluffy and light mixture. Add vanilla and egg, mix until properly mixed, then add baking soda, flour, and salt and mix it properly.
- Scoop a tbsp of the cookie dough and flatten it into a pancake-like circle. Place the frozen peanut butter balls on top. Bring the dough edges around the peanut butter ball and seal it, you can add more dough to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll the stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat the process until all dough is used, spacing between the cookies should be about 2” apart.
- Bake the cookies until golden on the bottom, or at least 12 to 15 minutes. Serve it warm or at room temperature.
3. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Do you like banana bread then why not make it more delicious and healthier by adding peanut butter to it. Protein in peanut butter can help you in fulfilling your daily protein requirements. You need 5 tbsps. of dark chocolate peanut butter, 3 tbsp of plus 1 tbsp of canola oil divided, 3 tbsp of butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1½ cup of whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour, 2 medium sliced bananas, 2 large eggs, ½ teaspoon of each baking powder, salt, 2/3 cup buttermilk, ¾ teaspoon baking soda and ¼ to ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl, mix chocolate peanut butter and 1 tbsp of the oil, and microwave it for about 30 seconds or until melted. Now add 3 tbsp of butter, oil, brown sugar, and banana in a large bowl, and mix it with a mixer on medium-high speed until mixed properly. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Then add baking soda, baking powder, flour, and salt in a separate bowl. Now keep adding the buttermilk and flour mixture alternately to the banana mixture. Mix it until properly combined.
- Pour half batter into the greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Then spread peanut butter mixtures and the remaining batter on the top. Use a wooden pick to swirl the batter.
- Sprinkle Place the dark chocolate chunks on the top of the batter.
- Bake it for 55 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then remove the bread from the pan and let it cool.
Have you tried any of these recipes or do you know any other peanut butter recipes? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.